Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tis the Season to be Jolly!! - gifts, gifts, and more gifts.

Well, the title says it all. Tis the season to be merry and generous because this is the time when we all gather to celebrate Christmas and New Year, and aside from that gift giving is one thing that we always look forward to. I may call myself a hypocrite if I would say that I love give but not receive, of course we love to receive gifts. I could imagine my eyes dazzle with excitement when I know I have a gift, it's true, it makes us happy especially when it comes as a surprise.

Since 2007, we have been celebrating our company's Christmas party in Manila. So for 3 consecutive years I have brought with me cash & cards (must have!), expectations, gifts, presentation preparation, have I mentioned cash?? oh yeah, stated first and I mean lots of it plus a huge bag cause you never know what you might spot going around town. I always go there with my bag half empty then come home with a filled bag and an excess of few hand carried items. Shopaholic - find me guilty! Shopping gives me the pleasure to enjoy every single thing that catches my sight because it would strengthen the way I contemplate on the things I wanted to buy, meaning after all those "more than a minute of staring and consulting if I'm gonna a buy or not" develops my sense of logical thinking - slowly it will mature more. :D

Okay, I'm almost getting off-topic now so back to what I'm trying to say.. Gift giving is really part of our culture despite the fact that we're still facing economic crisis, I really see a lot of people doing early and last minute Christmas shopping. (I also do last minute shopping! hehe) For my own reason, giving gifts makes me feel good because I know it will put a smile on a person's face and makes him/her happy. Not only that but that's one way for me to show them how I truly appreciate them and what they did for me. As much as I wanted to elaborate more, I think this entry is already getting lengthy so I need to stop now. So enough of the chit chat, below are my gifts to family, to my friends, and to myself.. :)


 Gift Bags for everyone
From Left to Right: Aya & Shiela, Mommy, Wally, Uncles & Aunts
Center: Daddy


Dad's Gifts


Mom's Gifts

 
Aya & Shiela's Gifts



Wally's Gifts


Pina's Gifts

 
 Jufang's Gifts


 Food Goodies
Thanks to Aya & Shiela for the Brownies
Thanks to Coco & family for the Pizzarelli
Thanks to Lovely for the Almond & Chocolate Goodies
Thanks to Cris for the De Luxe Chicharon
Thanks to Me :) for the White Wine & Starbucks Frap & Iced Tea

 
Pre-Xmas Gifts to myself

Havaianas Kids Lucky Bug & Tiny Stars
Thanks to Sis Joriza


Gifts I got in Manila (Tvap)
Thanks to SMV - Rudy Project Watch (by far the most expensive I got this year)
Thanks to Tvap for the Jacket - Loyalty Awardee
Thanks to Tvap - Robinsons & SM GCs
Thanks to Monyeen - VS Body Mist


 All the Gifts that I got.
Thanks to the following who have given me these:
Dad - Chuck Taylor Sneakers & Purple Super Girl Tshirt
Mom - Black Teddy
Aya & Shiela - Red Blouse
Jufang - Brown Tshirt
Tvap & SMV - Jacket, Watch
Monyeen - Body Mist
Jen W. - Yellow Bangle
Cristy - Wine Clock
Kimberly - Lesportsac Bag
Me - remaining items which were not mentioned.
(Result of being a shopaholic)

 
 I love my new Chucks!! :)



I'm officially collecting NBA Jerseys

 
Forgot to take a shot of this with the others..
My very own Rayban

To sum it all up, I think I got the most.. hehe This is really the only time that I splurge around and end up with an empty wallet but I don't mind since I know money will find its way back and people whom I'm giving them to also deserves it. So til the next holidays, expect another set of gifts to be posted *hopefully I can give them way better by then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment